Epoxy Floor San Jose
Garage floors in San Jose, Ca, are prone to many different issues. The garage houses the car and also serves as a repair shop when repairs need to be done. It is a workshop for woodwork. It is also a storage area for all things that need to be kept for the time being. It is also a place where dangerous equipment and harsh chemicals are kept. As useful as the room is, it is exposed to many elements that could cause cracks, holes, and discoloration, to name a few.
Imagine a garage floor without grease, oil, holes, and cracks. But why imagine when it can become a reality? Epoxy coating is a super durable and seamless material designed to make concrete garage floors a lot tougher than they already are. With its stain-resistant properties, epoxy floors can resist spills and stains, making them easy to clean. The slip-resistant and waterproof surface ensures safety and protects against water damage. Moreover, epoxy floors are fireproof and soundproof, providing an additional layer of protection and a quieter environment. Not only do epoxy floors enhance durability and safety, but they also offer comfort. Their comfortable and comfortable surface makes it easier to walk or work on, reducing fatigue and strain on your body. One of the major advantages of epoxy floors is their low-maintenance and eco-friendly nature. They require minimal upkeep and are made from environmentally friendly materials. These floors are also safe and healthy for your family and pets, as they are non-toxic and designed with safety in mind.
They are becoming the preferred choice for residential and commercial floor owners due to their durability, easy upkeep, attractive look, long-lasting and affordability.
Applying Concrete Floor Epoxy
Epoxy is a mix of two materials, resin and hardener, that cures to a tough surface. Wondering how to garage floor epoxy surfaces in San Jose? Read on to get a glimpse:
- First, the existing concrete floor is pressure washed and ground. The grinding helps remove existing floor coatings and dirt. Dust is then vacuumed off of the surface
- When the concrete is clean and dry, it needs to undergo an acid etching to make the coating adhere. The most common acid etching product is muriatic acid. This should be done by a pro as an incorrect etching process could permanently damage the concrete floor.
- Once dry, the epoxy floor coating can now be applied. Mix equal parts of the resin and hardener together and blend well. Make sure not to mix too fast to prevent bubbles from forming. Pour the solution onto the concrete floor and spread it with a wide rubber squeegee, making sure all areas are covered.
- Broadcast some paint flakes or chips to give it a terrazzo-like appearance. It may consist of one or multiple colors, depending on the floor owner’s preference. This is optional.
- Sweep off or vacuum the excess paint chips once the epoxy has cured and hardened.
- Apply an appropriate sealer to seal everything into place.
Interested in Epoxy flooring? Let’s talk. Call us at (408) 709-7256.
Garage floor can become unpleasant with all the activity that goes on in there. Painting a garage floor may be easy and cheap, but it does not last very long. Epoxy flooring cost is not too expensive compared to a paint job but it provides a more worthwhile investment. San Jose Concrete Resurfacing makes sure that your expectations are surpassed. We are a decorative concrete company specializing in various resurfacing and refinishing solutions, such as San Jose epoxy flooring. We want our customers to be well-informed so please do not hesitate to give us a call for all your inquiries, garage flooring ideas, residential epoxy installation, high quality products, and quote requests. We look forward to hearing from you. Epoxy garage floor near me.
Contact us today! Our business offer a variety of services for garage flooring coatings to your homes, to make sure the job is done efficiently. We are beyond capable to address any questions and meet the specific needs of our customers.