STAMPED CONCRETE SAN JOSE
In the list of the world’s most affluent cities, San Jose, California ranks quite high. Aside from its diverse population and culture, enjoyable events, and tourist spots, it is also home to some of the most beautiful homes in the country. Homeowners who wish to upgrade their home’s outdoor ambiance just have to look down. Is the concrete surface damaged, ugly, or boring? If it is, a stamped concrete overlay would definitely help.
Stamped overlays can be used on both indoor and outdoor surfaces but it is a more popular outdoor material because of the variety of paving materials it can resemble. It can be a red brick driveway, a cobblestone walkway, a fractured slate patio, and even a wooden deck. When it comes to stamped concrete designs, the sky’s the limit.
Benefits of Stamped Concrete Overlay
Why should you choose stamped overlay? Here are some of its most notable features:
- A layer of a decorative concrete overlay on an existing slab is a more inexpensive method of upgrading the surface.
- Concrete stamping is done on newly installed slabs while stamping concrete overlays are for old slab surfaces. This means an overlay can help reduce carbon footprint by minimizing cement production.
- Regardless of pattern, a stamped overlay creates a non-skid textured surface perfect for safer walking or running, even when wet.
- Browsing through stamped patios, it is noticeable how easy it is to acquire the look of expensive materials.
- Although it looks as impressively attractive as brick, flagstone, or whatever it is trying to mimic, it requires less cleaning and maintenance.
Applying Stamped Concrete Texture, Patterns and Designs
Just how is a stamped concrete patio created? Here is a rough look at the process of applying and stamping overlays:
- Step 1: First, the existing slab is prepared. It may require washing, grinding, or sanding, depending on the state it is in. Repairs are also done at this stage.
- Step 2: Once the surface is ready, cement is mixed and then applied onto the surface of the slab. It is leveled with a trowel to ensure that all areas are even. It is highly recommended to have a pro do this to ensure proper mixing proportions and bubble-less application.
- Step 3: Stamp mats with the chosen pattern are laid onto sections of the fresh overlay, tapping it appropriately to make sure it leaves an imprint.
- Step 4: The overlay is then left to dry. A stain can be applied to make the look a lot more decorative.
- Step 5: To complete the installation, a layer of sealer is applied to protect the surface, enhance the stain, and add a bit of shine to the surface.
Ready to upgrade your pool deck, patio or driveway? Call (408) 709-7256 for all your concrete stamping needs.
Do you have many patio ideas but little budget to work with? We’d love to help you out. San Jose Concrete Resurfacing is a leading resurfacing and refinishing company that specializes in applying stamped concrete overlay for patios, concrete pool decks, concrete driveways, sidewalks, entryways, and more. A DIY patio cost may be cheaper but it does not come with a guarantee. Let a pro do it for you. We guarantee superior craftsmanship at an affordable price.