In the world of residential, commercial, and industrial remodeling, polished concrete is creating a craze. Polished surfaces require minimal maintenance and repairs. The polished look stays put, not requiring any waxing or buffing as waxed surfaces do. It provides a high traction surface that is durable and stunning. This inexpensive option can be used on almost any concrete surface, be it indoors or out.
Polishing concrete is like sanding wood. The surface is ground with abrasive pads that progress from coarse to fine. There are two ways of polishing slabs: the wet and dry method. The wet method keeps flying dust to a minimum and keeps the polishing equipment cool. This, however, produces a sludge that can be difficult to dispose of. The dry method will send dust flying all over the place, however, a vacuum can be set up to suck the dust in before it goes airborne. No matter which method is used, impressive results are guaranteed.
Advantages of Concrete Polishing
Many people would testify to the fact that polishing is an ideal option. However, it is important for interested property owners to know what is in it for them. Here are the most notable advantages of a polished concrete surface:
- Versatility– Whether the concrete surface is inside or outside, be it in a residential, commercial, or industrial location in the San Jose, CA area.
- Durability– Concrete has always been a durable material. As long as it is properly installed, it could stay intact for several years.
- Environment-Friendly-Polishing concrete does not involve any hazardous chemicals that may affect the environment. Since polished surfaces are often sealed for added protection, there is no way mold, mildew, or any type of allergen could breed and grow in the pores.
- Affordability-Because there are no new materials involved, the price of polishing is lower than other paving or flooring options. It is also a more affordable concrete repair option than a complete slab removal and replacement.
- Easy Upkeep-A polished floor requires minimal cleaning and maintenance. It retains its shine even without regular waxing and buffing. All you need to do is sweep dirt off and mop occasionally to remove stubborn dirt.
- Reflectivity– Shiny floors reflect light and create the illusion that there are more lights in a room than there actually is. This high reflectivity makes a room 30% brighter than it really is.
- Short Downtime-There is no curing or drying time to deal with in a polishing project. As soon as the surface has been cleaned and the sealer has dried completely, it is ready for use.
We’re more than happy to talk to you about your concrete’s potential.
Call (408) 709-7256 to learn more about Polished Concrete.
When it comes to the best Concrete Flooring Contractors San Jose, nothing compares to San Jose Concrete Resurfacing. Regardless of the size of the job or whatever demands you may have, we would love to discuss it with you. We know you deserve budget-friendly but luxurious spaces. Call or email us for a complimentary consultation and quote.